Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Favorite 9-11 inspired song

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Favorite 9-11 inspired song

    mine hands down in the song by
    Johnny Van Zant (skynyrds lead singer) THE DAY AMERICA CRIED and then you have Bret Michaels-ONE MORE DAY. John Michael Montgomery's LETTERS FROM HOME. AND the Charlie Daniels song's

    My most hated song inspired by 9-11-Alan Jackson's WHERE WERE YOU WHEN THE WORLD STOPPED TURNING.
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Diets17's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 5th, 2004
    Posts
    1,291
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite 9-11 inspired song

    Is John Michael Montgomery's Letters from Home really inspried by 911? It just seems like it could have been written about any conflict or anyone who was off serving overseas? Its a great song no doubt.

    I love Alan Jacksons song though, I havent heard the others you mentioned. Though Jackson is the man.

  3. #3
    Inactive Member starbuck's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 20th, 2004
    Posts
    5,852
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite 9-11 inspired song

    Inspired by and written about have different meaning.
    If the war wasn't happening that song probably would not have been written. That is what I meant by inspired by, sure it is about any soldier away at anytime but the fact that the war with Iraq brought out the song at this time makes it inspired by the events of 9-11 and the aftermath that followes
    [IMG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg[/IMG] [URL="http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51%2BfhmkstgL._SS500_.jpg"] [/URL]

  4. #4
    Inactive Member timmy_v's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 7th, 2005
    Posts
    1,586
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite 9-11 inspired song

    The best song would have to be When the world stopped turning by Allen(sp?) jackson.
    "Somebody may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it." -Pre

  5. #5
    Inactive Member imported_Sportsman's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    1,486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite 9-11 inspired song

    Agreed

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Craes's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 4th, 2005
    Posts
    1,212
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Favorite 9-11 inspired song

    Alan Jackson by far
    I was married by a judge. I should have asked for a jury.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •